Saturday, 31 October 2009

Baubles !

This is my card for 2 different challenges, Carol's Sketch fun and also for Winter Wonderland which is any theme. I started by sponging Kaiser acrylic paint in Pistachio onto some white card. I then masked off the centre of the card and sponged Kaiser paint in Olive on the top and bottom of the card. I then masked off the top and bottom and stamped a Paper Artsy stamp with Archival black ink in the centre piece. The edge is punched wiht a Martha Stewart punch. The background paper is Basic Grey and I've stamped a Crafty Individuals stamp in black Archival ink and highlighted some of the swirls with a white Inkssentials pen. The baubles were cut out with my Cricut Christmas Cheer cartridge, then I painted them with H2Os and I also used some Viva metallic paint in copper to give them some shine. The star was put through my Cuttlebug using the Christmas stars embossing folder, I sprayed it with gold Glimmer Mist then added the Viva paint.



The ribbon is a really rich colour but unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice. I've threaded it through a star ribbon brad.
Well I've had a really indulgent day today, starting off with a leisurely breakfast while I did some blog hopping. I popped into the village to the new craft shop that's open, and picked up some ribbon and buttons, the above is one of the ribbons. I didn't get any where near as much done as I wanted, I guess that's what happens when you think you've got all the time in the world !
Thanks for looking
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Sue, so creative! It's good to have a real good old play with your stash isn't it?.....just gorgeous :)
    Thanks for playing along with my sketch and good luck for the prize draw!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love Carol's sketches and recognised it straight away. This is gorgeous Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!