Monday, 12 October 2009

Good enough to eat !

This is the final 18th birthday card I need to make for my niece's birthday which is on Friday. I must say it's felt a bit like a marathon and I've not quite finished everything as I've still got the scrap book album to finish off. So onto this card, it actually fits with 2 challenges the first is the Papertake weekly challenge which is a sketch this week and the other is the One Stop Craft challenge which is to make a birthday card or project. Today was a good day even though it was a Monday as the post man delivered my new Pro Markers and also these wonderful stamps by Craft Uk. I stamped the main image with black Memento then shaded with Pro Markers and added some stickles to the sprinkles on the cake. I wiped Pearl Orchid Brilliance ink around the edge and mounted it onto some Basic Grey paper. The sentiment is also from the same set of stamps and I've stamped it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The background paper is a pale pink Basic Grey paper and the diamond paper is by My Minds Eye, which is gorgeous as the lines are all glittered. I've coloured the pearls with a peel off pen and the circle is cut using my Nestabilities and the number is cut from the Cuttlebug alphabet, Olivia.


I think you can just about make out the glitter on the paper as well as the cup cake.
I've also make a box for one of the cards for my niece as when I came to put it against the envelope I realised it was too big ! So I've made a very simple box and before assembling it I stamped a Crafty Individuals swirl on to the lid with Smokey Grey Versafine ink. The flower is cut using my Cricut Walk in the Garden cartridge and brad put through the middle.



Unfortunately, as the box is white it doesn't show up too well and when I tried to alter the colours the ribbon changed from the gorgeous ruby red to black !
Well that's the worst day of the week over and done with though I have to say if I could have a lovely parcel delivered each Monday, I'm sure I could cope alot better !
Thanks for looking
Sue

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Such a pretty card! And the box turned out perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it Sue, great shading on that cake. Did the pens all fit into those tubs?

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card Sue and the Box is so elegant.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful,love the papers and colours!!! Fab colouring as well!! Your niece will love it!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love this card. Thanks for joining in the OSCC. Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!