Thursday, 15 October 2009

It's finished !

I thought I would show you some of the pages from the album I've done for my niece who is 18 tomorrow. It's taken up quite alot of my time so I'm glad that I've finished it. As I knew I would, I have enjoyed doing it but I shan't be doing another one for a couple of years now until my next niece turns 18 ! The flowers on the above page are cut with my Cricut using the Walk in the Garden cartridge and the letters have been cut using the Olivia alphabet set for the Cuttlebug. I've cut the photo out using a square Nestability and then mounted it onto a scalloped square.


For this page I put some white card stock through my Cuttlebug using the diamonds embossing folder then rubbed Peeling Paint Distress ink over the top. I also rubbed the ink over the ribbon as it was too bright. The button is from my new mega bag of buttons, I can see they're not going to last very long !

The flowers on this page are a Cuttlebug die and the teardrop shapes are the cut out pieces from the top layer of the flower. I've drawn on them with a white gel pen to make them stand out a little. I've kept all of the pages very simple but I think the desired effect has been achieved.
It's been a reallly miserable day today, dark and wet. It was a real struggle getting up this morning when I could hear the rain outside. I definitely think that you shouldn't have to go to work when it's raining, it should be a compulsory craft day !
Thanks for looking
Sue


4 comments:

  1. She will love it!! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the first and the third one, I still love that paper!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a fabulous keepsake for your niece and it looks gorgeous.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Sue, what a lucky girl she is! I doubt there can be a better gift for her, it is beautiful.
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!