Thursday, 29 October 2009

One for the men !

This is for the Willow Sketchie Challenge and also for the DT call over on Cards for Men. The deadline for the DT call is 30 October so I'm just going to get this in, in time ! It's quite nicely timed as it's my other half's, dad's birthday soon so I took the chance to make his card now. All of the stamps apart from the sentiment are from a set of Impression Obsession stamps that I picked up in the bargain basket at the local craft shop. The background on the small square has been stamped with Archival Sepia ink then some Adirondack Caramel has been sponged over the top. The word 'dad' has been stamped in black Archival ink. The panel at the side has been stamped with a fleur de lys stamp in Antique Linen Distress ink . The smaller fleur de lys have been stamped with Vintage Photo Distress ink. Labels One Nestabilities has been used and the background card has been stamped in Caramel Adirondack ink using a stamp from the IO set that has tiny fleur de lys all over it. The sentiment is from a Papermania set of stamps, stamped in black Archival onto Basic Grey paper then sponged with Adirondack Caramel ink.


I've used brads in the corners and cut pieces of Basic Grey paper to make the corner pieces.




So as promised last night I need to share this wonderful award and also I need to tell you 5 things about myself. So here goes:

1. I hate cooking !


2. I hate housework !


3. Autumn is my favourite season, so I'm loving it at the moment with all the wonderful colours.


4. I love the run up to Christmas, I think that's the best part.


5. Yes, I am a Neighbours fan !


So to finish off I am passing this award to the following wonderful ladies :









I always think it's wonderful to receive an award and by passing it on you make someone else smile, like I did when I received it.
Thanks for looking
Sue



9 comments:

  1. Hi Sue
    Great mans card, aren't they difficult to make...lol. Thanks for joining us at WSC.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Sue - oodles of luck for the DT call, you make sucha varied and fab cards for chaps and always inspire me.

    Ha ha don't you ever laugh at me again for watching Home and Away now I know you watch neighbours!

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    It's not often I make a mans card as they make my head hurt :) but this one is done beautifully, thanks for entering it in WSC this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly make 'man' cards look easy and adorable at the same time. This is a great design and I love the colours you chose and the gorgeous papers. The Fleur de lys just finishes it off beautifully.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Sue, a really smart mens card.

    And smile I did! That was a surprise, thank you for the award I will post it as soon as I can - once Ive thought of 5 interesting things!

    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,

    What a surprise and I needed a smile today! So sweet of you to pass it along to me. Humm, now I just need to think of 5 things to share.

    Your man's card is terrific. I need to make a couple in the next few weeks so thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I needed that Sue.........thank you so much.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know i think your cards are fab and this is really classy great Man's card.

    Thank you for sharing the award have checked the other blogs this is exulted company. will have to try to get act togather and share this like everyone have to think of 5 things.....

    Hugs Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, perfect for those awkward gents lol

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!