Friday, 30 October 2009

Orange plus one !

This has to have been the worst card to photograph ever ! I think I've spent the last hour fiddling around and it still isn't true to life, but I've given up now ! So, this card is for 3 challenges; Secret Crafter - Orange plus one colour; Crazy 4 Challenges - It's all geometric ! ; Our Creative Corner - sketch. The main image and word are from a PaperArtsy set of stamps. I've stamped in black Archival ink and cut the main image out with Labels 1 Nestabilities and the word with Labels 9 Nestabilities. I've sponged some black ink around both as I they looked too clean ! The side panel is black card which I've put through the Cuttlebug using the Victoria embossing folder then I've rubbed Viva Copper metallic paint over the top. In real life it looks stunning, unfortunately it's lost the effect on the photo. The background paper is Basic Grey and I've used a Fiskars edge punch across the bottom edge.


I thought from this angle you would see the Viva paint better....wrong !
I can't believe it 's Friday already, this time last week I was packing my case for the ArtsyCraft week end ! I've got a quiet day planned for tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully most of it will be spent in my craft room....fingers crossed !
Thanks for looking
Sue


5 comments:

  1. Wow Sue I thought that panel WAS metal - it's brilliant how you've created it. It's all fabulous but isn't it frustrating when you can't get the photo's true to life. It still looks rather stunning though.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card this is. I really love it. That copper painted panel is fabulous. I too thought it was the real thing. I'm not familiar with Viva metallic paint, but I'm going to have to search some out. Like I really need more crafting supplies - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought it was metal run through the bug and then brushed with Alchol ink! It is stunning irl it must be jew dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with The Fresh Batch this week. Hope you join us again.

    Jen SAS DT

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!