Thursday, 1 October 2009

Outside the frame !

First of all I want to apologise for not linking to the templates for the gift bags I made yesterday. I've now corrected it so you can find the templates I used. So onto today's card, this card first and foremost is for my lovely friend ( and fellow crafter) Sarah who's birthday it is tomorrow. I gave Sarah her card today and she couldn't wait until tomorrow to open it !

Sarah have a lovely day !

This card is also my first card for a challenge over on Flourishes. The challenge being to create something outside the frame. First of all I created the background, yes you guessed it, by using the sanding technique over the inked piece of card. I used Adirondack Lettuce and after sanding it I then stamped the music with Versamark and chalked over it then stamped it again with Adirondack Pesto. The butterfly, and the music, are both from the Katzelkraft set of stamps called Physalis. The main image is stamped with black Memento then painted with H2Os, I've then cut it out with Labels Nine Nestabilites. I've sponged some Adirondack Butterscotch and Caramel around the edge. I've used the same Nestabilities to create the frame which I've inked with Butterscotch and Caramel. The letter is chipboard which I've inked with Butterscotch then covered in Glossy Accents, and set 3 gems into it while it was still wet.


The bow is actually tied around the frame which you can see better on this photo. I wasn't sure about this card when I made it, but when I'd slept on it I changed my mind !
I'm a bit, not much, ahead of myself tonight so I'm going to start planning a scrapbook for one of my niece's. Megan will be 18 in 2 weeks time and for all of my other niece's 18th birthdays I've made a scrapbook from birth up to present day. When I've done some of the pages I will share with you. Scrapbooking isn't my first love, but I have enjoyed doing this for the girls. Scarey though when I can remember them being born !
Thanks for looking
Sue

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm so excited that my card is famous! It now has pride of place on my mantlepiece.
    Thank you Sue
    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue this is fabulous... and it would have pride of place on my mantlepiece too Sarah. Happy Birthday.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunner Sue - love the glossy letter and good to see you haven't destroyed your BG butterfly yet!!!

    Happy Birthday to Sarah

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!