Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Something a bit different !

This card is a complete change from my 'norm' and it took me ages to do too ! It fits with the below challenges:

The main image is from a Personal Impressions set of stamps, which I've stamped in black Memento ink and then shaded with Pro Markers and Faber Castell pens. I've then cut him out with Labels 8 Nestabilities and before removing the die I've sponged Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress inks around the edge. The 3 papers are all Basic Grey and I've put the two thin stips through my Cuttlebug using a folder from the Just My Type set of embossing folders. The black circles have also been put through my Cuttlebug using my Distressed Stripes embossing folder and then cut out with the smallest circle Nestability.

The ribbon started life as a black and white polka dot which I have then coloured with my black Pro Marker.
The weather has turned quite miserable today, very wet and grey - perfect for staying in and crafting ! Pity it's still work tomorrow, I did get quite confused this morning as I thought it was Wednesday, what a downer that was when I realised it wasn't. Might be because I'm wishing the week to go quicklyl..... I'll let you know why closer to the week end!
Thanks for looking
Sue

16 comments:

  1. Love it - those colours are just great together and it's nice to try something different. Don't know how you managed to fit in all those challenges - great bit of planning there too.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Sue, I love the image, I think those sets are great.
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Sue, a fabulous card for a guy and your image is coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Sue!! I think your card turned out FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous!!! Love your image and great job with all of those challenges!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done for stepping out of your comfort zone! I've not stepped back in mine for days!

    Nearly the weekend hun, so jealous I am

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. ANesha

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous 'boys' card Sue, love the image and colours you used and the buttons are great...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful fun card all that work was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun card ! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fab card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful, love the colours and the image!

    thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous 'boy' card Sue - great colouring and distressing of that fabulous image and super take oon Mina's sketch.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!