Thursday, 22 October 2009

Susie's Sassy Challenge !

Susie at Sassy Designs has got a DT call out to join her team, you need to make a Christmas card and submit it by midnight on 27 October. So if you're interested make sure you hop over to Susie's blog !

So this is my card for the DT call and also for the Pink Elephant challenge, which is a sketch and also for the Die Cut Dreams challenge of Winter Wonderland. The main image is from the Elusive Images set called Christmas Flourish and has been stamped with Versamark and then embossed with a wonderful Tinsel EP called Snowflake. It really does sparkle in the light, which unfortunately you can't see on the photo ! I then used a Versamark pen around the edge of the card and embossed with the same EP. I didn't want it to look perfect so I smudged the Versamark a little. The paper is Basic Grey and this paper is actually the same sheet as it's double sided so blends together perfectly, the edge punch is by Fiskars. The snowflake brads were silver when they started out, but I felt they were too shiny and the wrong colour, so I used gold alcohol ink on them. I punched the snowflakes from white card and then used Distress inks on them before using the Versamark pen and then the EP on them.


The sentiment is also from the Elusive Images set which I've stamped in Adirondack Stream ink and then swiped the ink pad around the edge of the paper.


I decided to add some detail to the inside of this card and used a corner stamp from a Habico set of stamps. I stamped it first onto a piece of scrap paper then onto the Basic Grey paper so it was paler in colour. I think this photo has come out a little blurred, unless it's me...lol....!
Nearly the end of the week and only one more day before a very exciting week end......I'm booked onto the ArtsyCraft Week end run by Lin at LB Designs...and I am soooooo excited ! It's 2 full days of sheer indulgence and from the comments on Lin's blog from the people who attended last week end I won't be disappointed. Yippeee !
Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical card! Good luck with the DT call and hope you have a FAB weekend crafting!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the glitz & glimmer. It's beautiful! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love all the gold!!!! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Sue this is a complete Stunner! If you don't get on the DT I will eat my hat lol. Enjoy your super weekend.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job using Lori’s sketch - she will love what you have done. It’s just so classy - good luck with the DT call.


    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card Sue.

    I'll give you a ring on Monday (or Sunday night if you don't get back too late) and sort out lunch to hear all about your weekend and to tell you my fab plan!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning and very classy card.Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant card Sue very classy
    thank you for playing along with the DCD challenge this week and Thank you for entering my search for my new DT member at sassy designs by Susie
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. very classy card. Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow such an elegant card Sue, fabulous image and sentiment and pretty detail woth ribbon and snowflakes.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sophsticated Christmas card, and would like to wish you good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! Great take on this weeks sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!