Monday, 19 October 2009

Think I've got it right this time !

I made sure I read the full instructions this time so I think I've got everything covered ! This card is for 2 challenges, Ready Steady Stamp who want you to use the above recipe, and also for Carol's Sketch Fun.


The main image is from a Katzelkraft stamp set which I've stamped with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I've then cut it out using a circle Nestability and before taking the die away I've sponged some Antique Linen and Scattered Straw around the edge. I've then used Adirondack Rust to paint the leaves. The background strip has been made using the distress inks technique over on Ready Steady Stamp. I then stamped the leaves from the same Katzelkraft stamp set over the top with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The corner stamp is from a Personal Impressions set which I've stamped in Sepia Archival ink.



The centre of the flower is a large brad which I've covered with hessian and then put it in the centre of an EK Success punched flower. The leaves are made using a Martha Stewart punch. The staple that's holding the ribbon, has been coloured using alcohol inks, which I put on the staples while they were still in the stapler. The edge punch is Fiskars.
Monday comes round far too quickly for my liking, but at least that's the worst day of the week over with. I was going to sit and watch the new David Attenborough programme tonight but when I saw snakes, that finished me off ! I don't do any thing that slithers nor creepy crawlies !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely !! gorgeous card
    thanks for playing
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue, this is the most beautiful card! I think this must be your bestest yet! It is totally awesome, I love it and how on earth did you manage to get such a tidy unrumpled hessian covered brad?! Mine would be puckered!
    Im glad I missed that David A show but hubby came rushing upstairs to tell me all about it afterwards, yuk!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is beautiful,I love all the little details,Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - I love what you did with the hessian, what a fab idea! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow !! beautiful card !
    j'adore :)
    kiki :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfect Sue for this season... i love your card :) so much detail, just gorgeous :)
    Glad you could play with my sketch challenge...

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fantastic - love the stamped image and the little arrangement is perfect. Just beautiful.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Very beautiful card, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh Sue how come I missed this one? 'tis my favourite of all your cards so far, I flippin love it I do! The brad looks fab, glad you eventually found the elusive hessian - where was it hiding in the end?

    Vic
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW another wonderful card! really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!