Sunday, 11 October 2009

Who stole the week end !

I can't believe it's Sunday night alreay, it only seems like 2 minutes ago I'd finished work for the week end ! This is another card for my niece's birthday on Friday and it also fits quite nicely with The Pink Elephant challenge which is to use the colours purple, orange, black and white. The main image is a stamp I've had for ages, apologies I don't know who it's by. I stamped it with black ink and then mixed some clear EP with some glitter EP and heat embossed it. I then cut the image out with Labels 6 Nestabilities and swiped some Adirondack Eggplant around the edge and mounted it on some purple Bazill card. I used a Fiskars edge punch on the white card across the centre. The paper is by Sandylion and the numbers were cut with the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet set and I've swiped Eggplant around the edge of the white card.


I've dotted some glossy accents on the larger bubbles and then some stickles on the smaller ones to add to the sparkle of the embossing of the glass. I've painted the ribbon on the glass with purple H2Os.

I've had a brilliant week end as my friend Vic came over for the day yesterday. We went to the opening of the new craft shop in the village and then we spent the rest of the day crafting. The day went so quickly and we'd been looking forward to it for so long. We'll just need to plan in another one.....soon !
Thanks for looking
Sue

4 comments:

  1. fab - you've used that rather lush paper I was admiring in your stash!

    I left me tea bags in your car boot - thank god I went back for the cakes. I think I have the perfect excuse to come over to you more often, James happy to drive me as long as I visit the cake shop!

    I'll give you a ring towards the end of the week to sort another date out

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come along next time - a craft shop and then crafting and chatting sounds perfect?
    Love your card and it just goes to show that purple and orange don't have to be spooky themed - great job. Thanks so much for entering our challenge at TPE and good luck with the prize draw sponsored by Betty the Scrappy Witch. Hope you’ll have time to play in our new challenge of Autumn which starts today.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, This is a fabulous celebration card for your niece. I can't believe how different all of your cards for her have been so far - they will look stunning stood altogether!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I agree with everyone above, youve made it look so easy making several cards for the same recipient yet all so different!
    I do love the flute here though, it looks just gorgeous!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!