Tuesday, 24 November 2009

2 for the price of one !

This card isn't for any challenges, it is a card I made for my niece's birthday yesterday. The background was inked with Antique Linen Distress ink then I stamped with a Debbi Moore stamp in the same colour. The main images are by Crafty Individuals and I've sponged some Antique Linen around the edge of them before mounting onto black card.


The gorgeous brad is another from Marah Johson Creative Imaginations. I was really pleased with this card so thought I would share !

This card is for the Our Creative Corner sketch challenge this week. I have to say that it didn't quite work out as planned but I'd committed myself and couldn't take it apart, as I decided I didn't like the wreath, but never mind ! The background is inked with Stonewashed Adirondack ink and I punched a large circle and held it on the card while I inked it. The moon stamp is from a Katzelkraft set of stamps. The house was put through the Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes EF. I then rubbed some Distress inks over the top. The edge punch is a Martha Stewart and I've added the red gems for some sparkle. The door is a punched shape, again inked with Adirondack Stonewashed ink. The window is a square piece of white card, then I've hand drawn the detail and chalked it. The beautiful snowflake is punched with my new Martha Stewart punch from glitter card. I've added some puffy paint to the roof for snow, and wish I'd not stuck the wreath on but hind sight is a wonderful thing !
Another dark day today, I suppose we need to get used to it at this time of the year, but I always seem to struggle with it. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather keeps to what the forecast is saying as the lights in our village are being put on, on Friday. There's a street fair too and it's always such a shame when the weather is wet. Fingers crossed !
Thanks for looking
Sue


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, these ladies are just a 'must have' item aren't they! Well obviously you will say yes as you bought them! Think they might have to be my next purchase from CI but its just so hard to choose though!

    Such rich opulent colours, really love it!

    Also love your MS snowflake punch, its a really lovely shape.

    Keryn x

    Hope you managed to get some birthday cake the other night! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, lovely makes, expecially like the first one with the wondeful vintage feel and images.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Sue, I just LOVE the rich colors and elegant images!

    Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge, hope to see you next week! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!