Thursday, 12 November 2009

3 Wise Men

This is my card for 3 different challenges, A Spoon Full of Sugar - Create a Scene, Secret Crafter - Easel Card and Our Creative Corner - Inspirational Photo. Firstly I made a template for the shape of the card by hand drawing the shape I wanted onto a piece of folded paper. I then drew around it onto the card and cut it out. Then I got very inky ! I used several different colours of Adirondack inks and applied them to glossy card stock with cotton wool. I then stamped the star, which is a Clarity stamp, in black Memento ink. I stamped the 3 wise men, which are from an Elusive Images set, in the same ink and then stamped them again onto a Post It note. I cut them out and used it to mask the first image so I could stamp again around the wise men. The base was made in the same way with glossy card stock and Adirondack inks. I've then threaded some ribbon through a ribbon brad and stamped the sentiment onto a piece of scrap card left over from the bigger pieces.


I've added 3 black gems for detail and also some stickles to the star. Both pieces are mounted onto Basic Grey paper. The colours are a little different to the real life article, and I've also discovered that trying to photograph glossy cardstock is a nightmare !
It's absolutely throwing it down at the moment. I love listening to the rain when I haven't got to go out in it.....shan't be too happy if it's still doing it in the morning though !
Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Sue.
    I have the wise men stamp in my collection somewhere but I haven't used it for a while.
    Must look it out.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card - but sound very complicated :) good luck in your challenges - best wishes Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Sue this is a super stunner! The colours are amazing and to shape the top of the easel card is a great idea. Fabulous image - I just absolutely love it.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sue

    This is just stunning, the colours are wonderful so warm and inviting.

    Great blog and have joind your happy band.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. woh Sue this is incredible. Love the effect you've created with the glossy card and nice touch with the arched window style easel card too - looks brill

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous easel card Sue - WOW! The colors and design are amazing!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Our Creative Corner! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent!!! What beautiful rich colours and the images look fantastic stamped in black!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic template Sue. Love the gorgeous blend of colours.
    Beautiful work,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW Sue, this is amazing! Such a beautiful card, it's better than lots Ive seen in the craft mags!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!