Saturday, 21 November 2009

Break from Christmas !

This is my card for the Friday Sketchers challenge and is also a birthday card for my eldest niece. She's at university doing a graphics design course so I thought this stamp was perfect her. The stamp is a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous one which I bought a few years ago, so it was great to get it out and dust it off. I've cut it out with Labels 8 Nestabilities and sponged Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks around the edge before removing the die. The background square was inked with the same Distress Inks and then I've stamped over the top with Crafty Individuals stamps in black Archival ink. I've sponged some more Distress Inks around the edge of the card too.



The brad is by Marah Johson Creative Imaginations which I picked up from The Craft Barn. I absolutely love them and are using them sparingly ! The flower is a Sizzix Die which I borrowed from my friend Vic, I think I may need to make a purchase !
Well what a dark and dismal day today has been. I thought I would be able to take a photograph in daylight for once, but I still had to put the light on to take it. I've also waited in all day for a man to come and fit some flooring in our kitchen. When he turned up at 4.45PM, he'd got the wrong one ! There's going to have to be some fast talking by someone tomorrow !
Thansk for looking
Sue

5 comments:

  1. oh wow Sue this is absolutely gorgeous - I love it so much. Lucky niece!

    PDA had everything on your list so will hand over to you on Saturday (())

    By the way, if you love this brad, wait until you see the ones in the SU catalogue - they are scrummy and I for one will be purchasing lots of them!

    love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect sentiment for your niece - obviously artiness (is that a word?) runs in your family. She will love this card it's gorgeous.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love this Sue, such fab colours and the sentiment is really lovely,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the colour and the sentiment is fab.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my sketch this weeks at Friday Sketchers!
    Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!