Monday, 9 November 2009

Catching up !

Well after a very relaxing week end, I was itching to get back in my craft room. So, this card is for the below challenges:

The main image is from a set of Paper Artsy stamps and I've been itching to use it since I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I stamped it with black Memento ink then shaded the hat, scarf and gloves with Pro Markers. I added some white Inkssentials to the circles on the hat and sponged some Stonewashed Adirondack ink around the edge after cutting the image out with Nestabilities 8. The silver card has been embossed with the snowflake embossing folder in my Cuttlebug and then cut out with Nestabilites 8. The background papers are Basic Grey and I've used my Mum's trusty sewing machine to stitch around the edge. The sentiment is from the same set of stamps and I've stamped it in Ocean Depth Versamagic and sponged some of the same around the edge of the card too.




I've folded the ribbon and used double sided tape to hold it in place then added a brad in the centre before sticking everything down.
I have to say we've really enjoyed our week end away, it's been so quiet and peaceful, we were finding it hard to stay awake ! The countryside up in the North Yorkshire Moors is beautiful and we were quite reluctant to come home. We stopped off in York on the way home which was lovely as the sun has been out all day. We also had to stop off at a car wash as the lanes around the cottage were really muddy and you could hardly tell what colour our car was !
Thanks for looking
Sue

24 comments:

  1. Love all the bling! and the button detail on the snowman! so cute! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue I absolutely love this. Love the papers and the image and the way you've carried the sketch through the easel card is very clever. I'm so pleased you joined in with the Winter Wonderland challenge.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card, thanks for playing along with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely easel card, cute buttons and great image. Thanks for joining Susie's sassy challenge, good luck
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue

    Gorgeous card! I love these easel cards, and I love it even more with the sketch adapted to it!!! beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at ww

    Joey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sue,I love these easel cards and your embossed silver paper looks fantastic!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue .... this is delightful! I'm loving the easel cards right now! BUT this one is just gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us again at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card hun! Loving it!
    Thanks for sharing at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love easel cards and this one is simply gorgeous! Love the blue and silver together and the cute little buttons. Thanks for joining us at btcg this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty!!!! Love all of the fine details of your card. I had to have a long look...
    Glad you could join us at Colour Create...
    hugs, janiel/janny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue, what a stunning card. I love the cute snowman and the papers are gorgeous. The mirri card and easel style are just perfect. Thanks for joining in with our first challenge over at susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute yet stylish, thanks for joining the cute and girly challenge and sharing a wonderful card. janex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I'm really hooked on easel cards right now and this is especially lovely! I love the take on the sketch but the image is just soooo cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in at SSC for our first challenge
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card, beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue

    I love your card.

    The ribbon you have used to make the card stand is so neat and gorgeous as is your sentiment and super cute snowman.

    Great stitching too!

    Thank you for playing along with By the Cute and Girly this month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, such a stunning card Sue, simply gorgeous! The image, the colours, it is just beautiful!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooh that's just beautiful.
    Love, love, love that snowman I fink I needs it.....and here's me trying not to spend any money......but he's sooooo cute.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sue

    Super Christmas card, great idea using the buttons on your snowman.

    Thank you for sharing your creation with us at By the Cute and Girly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sue
    Thankyou for joining in the first Susie's Sassy Challenge with your gorgeous easel card.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card just love it!! really clever!

    Thanks for joining Colour create this week

    Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your easel card Sue and that snowman is so cute! Glad you could join us at Colour Create this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super eaThanks for joining us this month at BTC&G.
    Max xsel card and llovel colours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful. I am loving all the easel cards going aroundjust now.
    Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!