Sunday, 1 November 2009

Christmas is coming !

I think I'm definitely getting into the Christmas spirit, which is a good job as I've booked a table at work to sell some cards for charity. So the pressure's on now !

This is my card for The Pink Elephant challenge - black, hardware and distressing, the Passion for Pro Markers challenge - any colourss and an animal, and the One Stop Craft challenge - script/ writing. The main image is a Clarity stamp which I've stamped in black Memento and shaded with Pro Markers. I've then used Antique linen and Scattered Straw Distress inks around the edge before drawing my scissors along the edge to distress the card. I've then mounted it onto Basic Grey paper from the Wassail collection and then onto black card. The background has been stamped with a Rubber Stampede stamp in black Stazon. I've then used chalks to shade the edge in a silver grey and black. The swirls are a Sizzlet die that I've cut from black card and the snowflake is a metal embellishment that I've used Slate Alcohol ink on to make it appear less shiny.



The gorgeous ribbon is another of the colours that I picked up from the local craft shop yesterday. I think I need to go back and get some more !
What a difference it makes when you can take a photo in day light ! It's turned out to be a really wet and windy day here today so perfect for crafting. I'd better get my skates on as I now need lots of Christmas cards for my stall at work. Seemed a good idea at the time !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a sophisticated christmas card. Love the image/sentiment and the distressed edges look fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue, I love the image and rhyme and the red bow really gives it the wow factor,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning xmas card Sue
    thanks for joining us at PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you might have a long queue at your table! A stunning card and a stunning bow too!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous christmas card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card love the way you coloured it and the ribbon perfect touch. Am confident how ever many cards you make your stall will sell out in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card Sue - lurve that ribbon, you will be doing a card stall more often after the December one - you'll rock it

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. The papers and colouring are fab. Ty for joining PFP, good luck
    Manda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, love all the little details and your colouring is lovely.
    Thanks for joining in with Passion for Promakers.
    Barbara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sue, this is stunning! Your text is fabulous. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card looks great, I love the image and the text background looks fab. Thanks for joining in with our OSCC.
    Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!