Thursday, 19 November 2009

Christmas Post Card

This is my card for the Our Creative Corner challenge of a Post Card. I didn't have a Christmas Post Card set so had to improvise ! The border is from a set of Tanda Stamps and was the perfect size, I stamped it with Olive Stazon ink. The swirls and the small holly stamps are from a Stampendous set, the word Postcard is from an Elusive Images set and the postage stamp outline and postmark is also from a Tanda Stamps set and I stamped them all in Smokey Grey Versafine ink. I then sponged some Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Inks around the edge. The background paper is Basic Grey and I've stamped the holly from an Artemio set of stamps in Olive Stazon in the corners. The main sentiment is from a Paper Artsy set of stamps and I stamped it with Cranberry Adirondack ink.




I picked up the Christmas tree ribbon brads from the local craft shop and I thought they were the ideal embellishment. I added a few drops of red Stickles for some glitter.
It's been really windy here today, I had to pop out of the office this afternoon just to my car and I nearly took off ! Images of Mary Poppins flashed across my mind ! I had a 'planning' meeting with my friend Sarah today for our stall, which is fast approaching. I felt quite good afterwards as we've both made quite a few cards now, so we should have enough to put on the stands. I just hope people dig deep in their pockets and buy them !
Thanks for looking
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sue and you've made a perfect postcard - it's very clever.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, oooh, oooh!!! I LOVE your post card, Sue. It turned out fabulously. Everything about it is perfect!! Thanks so much for sharing your post card inspiration with us. Hope to see you back with the OCC again for next week's challenge.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely -- I love the belted ribbon -- great touch!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC's postcard challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sue! I LOVE the fun detail on your post card and that ribbon with the tree brad is gorgeous!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Our Creative Corner!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!