Monday, 16 November 2009

Merry & Bright !

This is my card for 2 challenges, Charisma Cardz - Merry and Bright and Secret Crafter - Four Seasons. I started by inking the background card with Adirondack Stonewashed ink, then drawing a sanding block across it to distress the edges and also the card itself. I then stamped onto it with the same ink using a snowflake stamp from one of the Papermania Duos ( I love these stamps !). The word Merry is from a Stampendous set called Mega Merry. I've stamped it with Versamark onto blue Bazill card then embossed it with a Ranger embossing powder that has glitter in it. I've then cut out all of the letters and and stuck them to a piece of white card stock, raising the 'M' on foam pads. The swirls are from a Hot off the Press stamp set called Winter Swirls and I've stamped them in Denim Adirondack ink and highlighted with my white Inkssentials pen. The 'and bright' stamp is also from the same set and I've stamped with the same ink and highlighted again. I have to say I'm quite proud of my bow ! It took me ages to get it right especially tying 3 pieces at the same time !




The brads are by Woodware I think, sorry I've not got the packet any more ! I started out really not liking this card but now that it's finished I love it !
If ever there was a Monday when I really did just want to turn over and go back to sleep it was this morning. It was raining so hard, I could hardly see the car in front of me on the motorway. Never mind it's all down hill from now ! ( she says ....)
Thanks for looking
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Sue I absolutley adore this one. So very gorgeous. I love Blue Crimbo cards and this is just so funky too.

    Hope traffic was a one off for the week.

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card Sue and you've made a wonderful bow there - bet there was plenty of patience required lol.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the bow it's perfect. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Sue, lovely bright colour and the ribbons looks so great! How on earth did you manage 3? Thats just showing off now! lol

    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week, your card is just perfect for our Merry & Bright challenge.Good Luck
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful!

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!