Saturday, 7 November 2009

Partridge in a Pear tree

This is my card for two challenges, Papertake Weekly challenge which is a sketch and Creative Card Crew which is ribbon and gems. The background tree is a Katzelkraft stamp which I've stamped onto Basic Grey paper using Ocean Depth Versamagic ink and I've then used a Inkssentials white pen to highlight certain bits of it and then added the gems. The text and pears are both from a Paper Artsy set of stamps. The pears have been shaded with Pro Markers and one of them has been covered with Glossy Accents. I've sponged Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint around the edge of both and then mounted them onto Basic Grey paper.




I think you can just see the Glossy Accents on the above photo, it wasn't quite dry which is why it isn't shining as much as it should.

Well I'm hoping I've set this post up correctly as we are in our cottage in front of the open fire somewhere in Yorkshire.

Thanks for looking


Sue


4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Sue. I love the contrast of the blue and green.
    Hope you are having a lovely time in your cottage!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey scheduling worked. Love your card and great to see that fabulous tree again. Love your new look blog too - very you.

    Sounds wierd saying this to you....thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

    Enjoy mini break - we need a date for lunch before Christmas!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue you always make such elegant and fabulous cards. This is gorgeous and your distress inking is so perfect. I love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning,love the colours and your gorgeous big bow!!! Your tree image is beautiful!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!