Tuesday, 3 November 2009

RSS challenge

This is my card for the above recipe from Ready Steady Stamp. I love lilac on a Christmas card just as much as I love the traditional colours of red and green.


The main image is from an Elusive Images set that I've stamped in black Stazon on to mount board. I've then chalked over it and then triple embossed it with thick embossing powder and popped it into the freezer ! After 30 minutes in the freezer it cracked beautifully. I then stamped the background with a snowflake stamp which is from a Papermania Duo and then I've chalked over the top. I've added some highlights to the snowflakes using an Inkssentials white pen. The letter 'C' started life as a yellow and blue letter from a K&Co set of chipboard letters. I've used silver embossing powder on it and on the 3rd layer before it cooled I stamped into it with a Rubber Stampede text stamp.


The ribbon is 2 different sorts and the bow is the same two ribbons plus some silver cord. This is a little bit different for Christmas but I quite like it !
Today has gone so quickly, I've been on a course all day learning how to Speed Write. It's been really interesting and I now keep wanting to shtn al my wds !
Thanks for looking
Sue


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sue !
    I love it !
    Thanks for playing.
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Your C looks great, I have tried this technique in the past but it did not look as good as yours.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece! The "C" is gorgeous - it really grabs your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! I love the snowflake background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sue this is really gorgeous and I adore that big beautiful bow.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!