Saturday, 14 November 2009

Seeing double !

I have never been very good at making more than one card in the same design, as I get bored very quickly ! So this is a rare sight ! This is my card for the Our Creative Corner challenge which is a sketch, they've also got a DT call out at the moment and will be using all the entries throughout November to make up their minds. So if you're interested hop over there ! The stamps are by Artemio and are a 'naughty' purchase I made this morning at the craft shop in the village. She doesn't stock a huge selection of stamps..... but that makes life easier as there's only the problem of which ones to choose with more choice !


I started by getting out my Distress inks and Adirondack inks and inking the white card stock. I then stamped the word Noel in black Versafine and added two black gems. For the two side panels I stamped the tree twice but used a different ink each time, Lettuce Adirondack and Shabby Shutters Distress ink.

I added the little christmas tree embellishment to the ribbon instead of tying a bow and used my white Inkssentials pen to add some highlight to the bottom panel. The background paper is Basic Grey and I've punched the snowflakes from the same paper.
I've been really cosy today as I've not had to go any where and listening to the wind and rain I am so glad about that ! 'C's been at work all day and he's now in the kitchen cooking my tea, so I think I'd better sign off and lend a hand. It's smelling wonderful !
Thanks for looking
Sue


5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards as usual so well thought out and beautifully made. Just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design of these cards and well done for doubling up! I find it difficult too to make batches but I am getting better at it. It makes sense when there's lots to do.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are stunning :0) thanks for joining us on stamps and smiles this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card - very you indeed and another for that stall eh?

    Did you go to that other very 'scrummy' little shop on your way back? James needs more of those cakes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So beautiful. You did an awesome job with the layout. Thanks for playing with Stamps and Smiles. I hope you join us again.

    Jen SAS DT

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!