Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Thank you !

This card is not only for three different challenges but also for a special lady at work who has been a great help over the last few months. I'm pretty sure she won't look on my blog tonight...fingers crossed ! The challenges are The Pink Elephant challenge - Be Thankful; Mojo Monday - Sketch; and the last one Creative Card Crew - Doodles. I started by embossing some white card stock with the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I rubbed some Viva Metallic paint over the top in Pistachio, Olive and Copper. I also used a white Inkssentials pen to doodle over the top of the paint, I think you can just about see it on the photo. The sentiment is a Serendipity stamp, which I've stamped using Peeled Paint Distress Ink, I've embossed half of the card with the Victoria embossing folder and rubbed the same metallic paint over the top. I've added some faux stitching around one corner and highlighted some of the text with the Inkssentials pen. I've also sponged some Distress ink around the edge. The flower is from a Katzelkraft set which I've stamped with Memento black ink and shaded with Pro Markers. I cut it out with a circle Nestability and while the die was still on the card sponged some ink around the flower. I've highlighted parts of the flower with the white Inkssentials pen too.



I was hoping this photo would show how the metallic paint shines, but it doesn't look like I've managed it, so you'll just have to take my word for it ...honest !
Why is it when you have a few days off from work it takes all of 5 minutes to feel like you've never been away ! Oh well here's counting down to our next break, only problem is that will be Christmas !
Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sue! the detail is stunning and i love the big ribbon knot as well...gorgeous :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Puerto Rico!
    I love your card love the color technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that metallic paint looks good and that is one fabulous card!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a gorgeous vintage shabby chic card I love the techniques you used on it. I will be by to visit some more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Sue! Love the way you did the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card - love the french sentiment - adds to the very classy feel of the card.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this Sue and I adore your subtle doodling

    this is wierd coming from me but.....Fab to see you at Creative Card Crew this week!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the detail you gave to the embossing. So pretty. Thanks for playing with us at TPE this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sue and what a fabulous effect with your embossing.
    Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew this week.
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great doodle card, Sue! I love your use of the metallic paints. Congrats on willing at the Creative Card Crew this week.

    Thanks for all the lovely compliments you leave on my blog. I have been sooo busy, but will try to stop by to see your lovely creations more often!

    Blessings & hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!