Thursday, 5 November 2009

Those boots were made for walking !

Sorry about the title I couldn't resist ! This is a card I've made for my sister to give to a male friend who's into walking as well as being for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I managed to track down the boots image at the Digi Shack. I've shaded them with Pro Markers and then cut them out before applying some Viva Terra in Sahara, drying it with my heat gun which causes it to bubble slightly, then rubbing some Kaiser acrylic paint in Raw Umber over the top. I was quite pleased with the effect of mud that it gave. The map paper is from a very old K&Co pad which I've used Nestabilities One to cut it out and mount on to Bazill card. I've used the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug embossing folder on the side piece of card and rubbed Distress Inks over the top. I've then stitched the card and paper together using my Mum's sewing machine no less ! She got really excited when I asked to borrow it, I don't think this is quite what she had in mind though!






The numbers were made using the Olivia Cuttlebug aphabet and I've sponged some Distress Inks over them too.



Well we've not heard many fireworks tonight, I thought they would still be banging. As usual it's been a miserable night fot it too, it's not stopped raining here at all. That's us finished for the week now, we're off up to Yorkshire for a long week end. Can't wait !


Thanks for looking

Sue

4 comments:

  1. A super card - that mud looks real! Have a lovely weekend up here in Yorkshire.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! love the 'rubber' souls on the fun boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sue. Have a great weekend and fingers crossed for the weather for you!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the muddy effect you've created on these boots Sue.

    Have a fab weekend

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!