Monday, 2 November 2009

Vintage Christmas

This is my card for 3 challenges; Creative Card Crew - Snowflakes; My Time to Craft - Rip it up and Our Creative Corner - Vintage Style. The main image is from a Habico set of stamps, I've cut it out with Labels 8 Nestabilities and sponged Distress inks Antique Linen and Scattered Straw over the image before removing the die. The papers are all Basic Grey and the small snowflake stamp is also from the same Habico set. The sentiment is a Paper Artsy stamp which I have sponged Distress inks over and then swiped Peeled Paint Distress Ink around the edge of the card. The snowflakes have been punched from Basic Grey paper and a 'blob' of gold Stickles added to the centre.




I've used a piece of the gorgeous ribbon I bought at the week end too, I shall definitely be going back for more !
It's turned really cold today so I'm really looking forward to the week end as we're going away for a few days and the cottage has an open fire. I absolutely love sitting in front of the fire being mesmorised by the flames. I've had an order for a card for the week end so I need to get my act together. I need to find an image of someone skiing or hiking so if any one has seen an image like this I'd appreciate the help as I've drawn a blank so far !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sue, you used one of my favorite images too! LOVE the fun layers, gorgeous paper and wonderful use of the Nestabilities.

    Thanks for playing along with the OCC! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image and you created a beautiful card around it Sue.
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a stunning Christmas card i just adore the image and fab details. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Sue, I love that image and your snowflakes are beautiful. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue - think we're in sync today. I've been using the very same image! Your card is fabulous!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous colours - great cards - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!