Saturday, 5 December 2009

2 little boys !

I made these two cards for two special little boys, Zac and James,who are the son's of two special friends. Unfortunately, I don't get to see James very often as my friend lives on the south coast. Zac's birthday was yesterday and James' birthday is tomorrow, but I feel fairly confident that James' parents won't look on my blog. I decided to have another go with digi images and these fab images are from Mo Manning's Digital shop and I've shaded them with Pro Markers. I also used my water colour pencils on the hair to add some texture. I've then cut the image out using Labels 8 Nestabilities and drew around the edge of the largest die and cut it out to create 3 layers.


I printed two of this image so that I could cut out the the little number plate on the car. I then turned it over and wrote Zac's name on it and drew around the edge with the same black pen. The paper is Basic Grey and the number is cut using the Olivia Cuttlebug alphabet. I cut a circle using Nestabilities and before removing the die sponged the centre with Antique Linen Distress ink.

This is also a Mo Manning image again shaded with Pro Markers. I used my watercolour pencils again on the hair to create some texture. I've used Labels 8 to cut the image our and drew around the largest die to create the third layer. The paper is Basic Grey.



I've used the same alphabet for the number and sponged Adirondack Stonewashed over the centre of the circle Nestability. I used two ribbons as I didn't have the blue I wanted but thought the two together worked well with the colour scheme.
I really enjoyed making these two cards, not only because they are for two special little boys, but I've used lots of my Pro Markers that I've not used before. Amazingly enough I was still lacking in one or two colours, so have put them on my Christmas list to Santa ! Fingers crossed !
Thanks for looking
Sue


4 comments:

  1. So adorable,fabulous colours and superb colouring!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely cards! Love the colours you've used and you've coloured the images beautifully. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both Sue but I'm biased towards the first one! It has pride of place I love it soooo much. Thank you loads
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab-u-lous! both of them. It's so difficult to make the perfect card for a little boy but these are just that - perfect!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!