Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Happy New Year !

Well I hope every one has had a fabulous Christmas and not eaten too much (is that possible ?)....lol..

This card is for the following challenges -

I've made these cards for my family, I sent then New Year cards last year and I've decided that I'd like to do it again this year too.

I started by stamping the background white card with a Hot off The Press stamp from the Winter Swirls set and embossing it with silver EP. For the main image background I used a cog stamp from a Paper Artsy set called Clocks 5. I stamped with grey Versafine first onto scrap paper then onto the card so it was really faint. The main image is from a Katzelkraft set and has been stamped with black Stazon. I then stamped the swirl over the corners with black Stazon too.




The sentiment is from the same Katzelkraft stamp set, and I masked off the word Janvier and stamped it separately, both are stamped with black Stazon. I then cut them out with a Labels 8 die and then went round the edge with a Versamark pen then embossed with silver EP. I added a black brad where the clock hands join and some stickles on the dots around the hands. The sentiment loosely translates as - ' May the New Year bring you joy and happiness'.
We had a fabulous week away, and what made it even better was there was snow for the whole week. I can't believe how quickly the week passed, at least I'm not back at work until next week so have a few days to play in my craft room !
Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. wow Sue these are very you and very gorgeous. Love all the embossing to create such a beautiful background.

    Lovely sentiment too

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue these are exquisite the work and detail you put into these and all your work. Enjoy the rest of your week off, looking forward to seeing what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG such gorgeous cards Sue, I think these must be your most stylish yet! The swirls and silver are simply stunning.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Sue and just perfect for our celebration theme, the clock face is stunning and so is the B&W colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, love all the swirls and the embossing. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers.

    Happy New Year,

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Sue and such a lot of work and detail has gone into making them. Thanks for sharing them with Daring Cardmakers too.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stunning cards. The image is adorable and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge and don't forget our new challenge starts on 4th Jan!. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Très chic……What a fab cards Sue.
    I’m sure your family will be pleased to receive such wonderful New Year cards.

    Thanks for joining us at the DCM’s this week.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these are just stunning wow. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!