Monday, 14 December 2009

Possibly the last Christmas card ?

This is a card I've made for my Mum, she's been to France with us several times so I knew she would love the french wording. I'm also putting it forward for the following challenges :


I stamped the main image, which is from a Katzelkraft set, with Archival black ink onto Basic Grey paper. Then I stamped the snowflakes around the edge with Versamagic ink, Aloe Vera. The background paper is also Basic Grey and it's mounted on Bazill card.


The sentiment was also stamped with Archival black ink then I cut it out with a Fancy Tags Spellbinder die. Before removing the die I chalked over the top and rather than throwing away the off cuts I used them in the corners of the green Bazill card. The green Bazill card has been embossed using the Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder.


I've had a really lovely day today, not only because I've won a GDT spot on Die Cut Dreams, but also I've spent a very relaxing afternoon, having afternoon tea at a local hotel. It's a really old building and they've decorated it beautfully and we sat in front of the fire eating small sandwiches and cakes. Then to top it all off I've just discovered that I've won Carols Mini Advent Candy for yesterday !
Thanks for looking
Sue

6 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous card Sue, i'm sure your Mum will love it :)
    Congrats on winning my mini candy yesterday....and do keep trying! you never know!!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card - so wintery and pretty.

    Congrats on your GDT spot and your candy win - I love days like that!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous - love the stamp - colour - french wording - everything - thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Card Sue, and you are lucky if this is your last one.....good on you girl, now would you like to come to my house and help me make the rest off mines and write them out for sending...LOL, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week. hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card, so elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous easel card!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!