Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Sage and Onion !

This is another card I've done for an order and I'm also putting it in for the Die Cut Dreams challenge of Sage and Onion colour challenge, and also for the Charisma Cardz challenge of Dreaming of Summertime. I started by stamping the main image, which is from the Physalis Katzelkraft stamp set, with Versamark onto glossy card and embossed it with white EP. I then sponged Adirondack Sandal ink all over the card and around the edge using Butterscotch. I stamped the image again using Pesto and once more using Brilliance Thyme ink. The butterfly is from the same set and was stamped with Archival black ink. The sentiment is from a Tanda Stamps set and is stamped with Pesto mounted onto some cream and then green Bazill card. The dark colour hasn't shown up too well, but it is just the colour of sage leaves.




I stitched around the card using my Mum's trusty sewing machine and mounted onto some more of the yummy green card. I thought the main image reminded me of cow parsley, which led me onto thinking of Summer.
Well I'm still recovering from a late night (after 9PM !) last night as I went out for a meal with work. I have to say I haven't laughed that much in ages and my throat was really aching by the end of the night. No doubt it will be an early night tonight !
Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. wow this is fantastic Sue - love the inky techniques you've used. Paying close attention now I'm getting back into stamping! The stitching looks fab too.

    Thanks for playing along at DCDC

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful - love those stamps Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, your card is truely stunning, wonderful layout and the stamping is amazing. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Sue, your stamping technique is fantastic.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card, oh how cute is this image.
    Thanks for joining us at DCD
    Hugs Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic eye for details, thanks for joining the DCD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, this is my first visit to your blog, but, I will be back again.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!