Sunday, 6 December 2009

Thank You in Sepia !

This is my card for the Daring Cardmakers challenge this week and it also fulfills an order that I needed to do. The challenge is 'Say it in Sepia' , which is one of my favourite colours to work with. First of all I inked some cream card with Distress Ink Antique Linen. The stamps are from the Physalis stamp set by Katzelkraft and I've stamped using my Sepia Archival ink. The swirls are a Sizzlet die cut from brown Bazill card and the sentiment is a gold peel off.


The butterflies were punched from DCWV card, the punch is one from a set I bought from Create and Craft years ago and I think this is the first time I've used it ! You just never know when things will come in handy !
We've had a lovely day today as we've been to my sister's, along with the rest of the family, for a bite to eat and to draw our Secret Santa. I have to say it's not really that secret as, as soon as the names were pulled from the Christmas stocking everyone was giving clues to who they were buying for...not quite the idea ! We've also put our Christmas tree up.....and no the lights don't work properly !
Thanks for looking
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sue this is a very elegant card - I absolutely love it and thank you so much for joining in with my first Dare. I was very worried it wouldn't appeal to anyone!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card Sue. When I saw the challenge I thought of you!

    Good luck tomorrow and don't worry about dropping the stands off - another time will be fine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love all the butterflies and swirles. Elegant as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an absolutely gorgeous card. thanks for daring this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely Sue, I love your stamping and the arrangement of your butterflies,
    Gorgeous work,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love those butterflies. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh I love all those little butterflies! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!