Friday, 29 January 2010

Bright Mother's Day !

I hope you've got your sunglasses on for this one ! I decided I wanted to do a card that would push me out of my comfort zone, and boy was I uncomfortable ......lol......! This is my card for the following challenges:

The paper is My Mind's Eye - Day Dream in Bloom, which set the colour scheme. The bird is by My Mind's Eye from the Bloom and Grow stamp set. I stamped it onto a post it note and stuck it over the top of the bird and then stamped over it with another stamp, from the same stamp set, in lettuce Adirondack ink. I then sponged some Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress inks around the edge after cutting it out with a circle Nestability.


The bird is shaded with Pro Markers and the swirl is a Bigz die as are the 3 flowers. I've sponged some more Distress ink around the edge of them. The edge punch is a Martha Stewart and the sentiment is a peel off which I've coloured with a peel off marker.
I started this card last night but didn't finish it as I was watching Silent Witness. Did any one see it, I spent most of the time with face behind my hands ! Can't wait for tonight's episode !
Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card :-) I love this image ,, that bird is just sooo cute ! :-) Lovely colours and papers too :-) Is this for your mum ?? she is going to love this ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at SS&S. Good luck in the draw.

    Hugs, Arianne
    SS&S team

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so gorgeous Sue, love the bird and the swirl, my eyes were drawn to it! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW Sue this is stunning - loving the bright colours.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful

    thanks for joining us on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fab design Sue! The colours are stunning, just what we need to take us into Spring!
    Really gorgeous,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really bright and happy, love it :)
    Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
    Mira =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!

    Thans for playing along at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. very out of your comfort zone but very well done too. I really like the retro style papers and the colours too
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!