Monday, 18 January 2010

Cool Cats !

This is my card for the following challenges :

The main image is a Whipper Snapper stamp that I bought ages ago for a card order, and I have to be honest I've not used it since ! I stamped it with black Memento ink and then shaded with Pro Markers. I cut it out with a circle Nestability and sponged Distress inks in Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo around the edge before removing the die. The sentiment is from a Papermania set of stamps and I've cut it out with Labels 6 Nestabilities and again sponged Distress inks around the edge before removing the die. The papers are Basic Grey and I've stamped onto the background with a Crafty Individuals stamp in Vintage Photo. The paper lace has been made with a Fiskars edge punch.




The pearls are coloured with a Pro Marker and the buttons are from my stash.


Well that's Monday over with, and my cold is starting to disappear. We're off out for a curry tonight so that should sort out my sinuses !

Thanks for looking
Sue

15 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, absolutely love your stunning card, the image is gorgeous and so are your backing papers. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your curry. love this being a cat person always have weakness for the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you dug out this stamp Sue, this is a super card,lovely colour scheme too!
    Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a stunning card thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Sue! The browns really appeal to me and you have done a beautiful job with your sponging! Congrats on winning at the Creative Card Crew this week! And you can enter this card into our newest challenge - use a punch. The one you used is fabulous. I haven't seen it before and I totally love it! Have a great day.

    Hugs,
    Lindda

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW,love everything about it!!! Beautiful work!!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sue, great colours and colouring, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this definitely is a cool cat! Love the colouring on your image and the sponged ink, it's a fab card.

    Nicki :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card and yummy colours. Very sophisticated kitty
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Love the image and papers and what you've done to them :o) Thanks for joiing us at SFTW and good luck! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, lovely colours. So glad you joined the SFTW challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this is fabulous Just love what you have done with the distress inks and the colours are wonderful!
    lOVE iT!!!!

    Thanks for joining SFTW!

    Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWWW this is gorgeous, Sue:O) Love the fab papers, beautiful colours. That image is so cute. Brilliant distressing! Great take on Fiona's sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great card with lovely papers, colors are fab. This image has its own personalty that`s for sure.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW and good luck.
    Gunn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute I love the colour combo and I am glad you got to use that image again to is adorable :D
    Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!