Monday, 11 January 2010

Die Cut Dreams GDT card - Coffee & Cream

This is my card for my second, and final, week as GDT over at Die Cut Dreams. The challenge this week is Coffee and Cream, make sure you pop over and check out the DT creations, they're fab ! I'm also putting this card in for the following challenges :

I started by making the background by stamping the image, which is from an Inkadinkado set, with Versamark and clear embossing it. I then inked over the images with Sandal Adirondack ink and some Archival Sepia ink. As the images are clear embossed you can then rub the ink off so the image shows through. The Eiffel Tower is a Clarity stamp, stamped with Archival Sepia ink and I embossed the bottom part of the card with the Victoria embossing folder. I rubbed some more Sepia ink over the top to highlight the embossing. The swirl is a Crafty Individuals stamp, stamped with Sepia ink. The main image is a favourite stamp of mine, and is by Crafty Individuals too.




I've stamped it with Sepia Archival ink then cut around the edge with some Deckle scissors, and did the same to the Bazill card it's layered on to. The brad, which doesn't show up too well on this photo, is a Marah Johnson and the buttons are from my stash.
I don't know what the problem is with the estate where I work but this morning was chaos again ! Fortunately, as I'm an early bird, I missed it all but it's incredible how long it took some poor folks. I don't know about you, but I'm getting bored now with talking about the weather ! It needs to thaw so we can get back to some normality. Ok rant over ! :-)
Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. oooh that brad is delish - love your card.

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I want to come and borrow your stamp collection, and your inkpads and have a good rummage in your stash, and while I'm there how about a big dollop of your talent. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sue, love the image and colours you have chosen. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week.

    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, gorgeous resist background and I love the colours too. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.t and good luck.

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very olde worlde feel to this - love the image too and that brad and ribbon are devine.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card ! Everything is just beautiful ! :-)

    thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Sue - your background is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sue! I love the image and colours. The background is amazing!
    Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge & good luck.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!