Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Distressed !

No not me, the card ....lol........As you've probably gathered I love my Distress inks ! So when I saw the challenge over at Creative Card Crew it put a smile on my face as their challenge this week is Distressing. This card is also for the Stamp Something challenge which is New Somethings, and is to use any new stash. The new stash I've used is the main stamp which is from an Elusive Images set that my eldest niece, Nikola, bought me for my birthday. Cool heh !

I started by painting some white card stock with Vintage Photo Distress Ink then I stamped the image with the same ink and also the sentiment, which is from a Woodware set of stamps. I distressed the edges with my scissors then sponged some Vintage Photo around the edge to darken it. I did the same to the card the birthday definition is stamped on. The papers are My Minds Eye and I've distressed them too with my scissors and some Vintage Photo ink.


I used my Mum's trusty sewing machine (hopefully she won't want it back too soon!) to sew around the edge and the swirls are a Sizzlet Scribbles die.
I really enjoyed making this card as I could get covered in ink ! Good job it comes off..eventually !
Well another cold and snowy day. I didn't venture out today I worked from home, I shall have to go out tomorrow though so I'm hoping we don't have any more snow in the next 24 hours.
Thanks for looking
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Wow.... waht a awsome card is this! I love the colors and the image ist wonderful!

    Thank you for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

    Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous piece of work Sue, love your distresing. Glad you worked from home though. I'll cross my fingers there's no snow for you and it's a safe journey tomorrow
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sue, this is fabulous!! I really love the sepia/brown tones that you used, which really go lovely with the pink. So great to see you playing along with the CCC. Wishing you all things wonderful in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soft colour palette and such a lovely versatile stamp from your niece!
    Lovely ribbon too!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card !!! lovely soft colours
    isax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card so natural and soft love it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, fab distressing. Love the tones you've used here. Thanks for playing along at CCC.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!