Sunday, 31 January 2010

Elegant Rose

Firstly, I must apologise for the colours of this photo, I've fiddled around with it for ages and it still doesn't look true to life! Any way, this is my card for the following challenges:

I've inked the background card with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink then I've stamped with the same ink using Crafty Individuals swirls. The embossed lattice is a Quickutz embossing folder called Diamonds and Dots and I've rubbed Shabby Shutters over the top. The rose is from an Elusive Images stamp set called Harlequin Rose. I've stamped with Memento black ink and shaded with Pro Markers and added one or two dots of Glossy Accents to look like droplets of water (hopefully!).



I cut the image out with the deckle edged Nestabilities and sponged some more Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress inks around the edge. The sentiment is part of a belated birthday present from my really good friend Vic. It's a Stampin' Up set of sentiments, all in French ! I love using French associated stamps and this set I know will be used alot ! Thanks Vic ! The edge punch is a Martha Stewart and the button is from my stash and I've used alcohol ink to make it a little darker. The twine is also from Stampin' Up.
Well who stole the week end ! I can't believe it's Sunday night already. I've had a lovely two days though. I spent yesterday with my Mum and we went out for a lovely lunch, and today I've spent the afternoon with my friend Vic who was demonstrating her Stampin' Up products. If you're interested in Stampin' Up products take a hop over to Vic's blog, you'll be very welcome !
Right time for tea !
Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. oooh look how fast you work! You can't have been home two minutes before you made this one. It's very gorgeous, love the droplets and the SU stamp looks fab, so chuffed you're using them already. Great to see you
    love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so elegant and such a lovely colour thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs from Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELCOME! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sweet Stampin" challenge! Your card is simply GORGEOUS! I love the color's! This is remarkable! Your design and everything about this card is very special! I am lov'n your blog too! I am now following along! Hop on over and follow along with me too! Would love it! Pease continue to come back and enter in our weekly challenges! Your work of artsa re amazing!
    HUGS
    RACH ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! WOW so much detail this is stunning! I love that nesties die, i must add that one to my collection.
    thank you so much for joining us for a Sweet Stampin Challenge. I really hope that you will be joining us again soon
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue

    wow this is abaolutely beautiful, gorgeous stamp and beautiful colour choice.

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful - love it - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue, GORGEOUS stamped image, beautiful colouring - even if it don't quite look like te pic!! Love that embossed background - I NEED more folders LOL!

    The overall effect is truly elegant.

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC, I hope we see you again real soon. Good luck in the draw

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Beautiful colors and details. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - love the colour!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant card.......bautiful!
    Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is beautiful, thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!