Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Heart and key !

This is my card for the following challenges :

I started with the background which is inked with Sandal Adirondack ink and then I've sponged Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the corners. I then stamped the swirl stamp, which is a Crafty Individuals stamp, in Vintage Photo. The heart and key is a Bigz die and I've inked it with Adirondack Slate ink then for the top layer I've mixed silver, gold and bronze embossing powders together and sprinkled it over the die cut so that didn't melt to a completely smooth finish. It's then mounted on a Labels 1 Nestability which has had Distress inks sponged over it before the die was removed. The stamped heart is from an Elusive Images stamp set and I've stamped it in Vintage Photo and cut out and mounted on Basic Grey paper.


The papers are all Basic Grey and I've used my new Martha Stewart edge punch. I've shaded the centre of the lock with a Faber Castell pen.
I actually managed to get home in the light last night, what a wonderful feeling that was ! I really hate the dark nights and mornings and as much as I don't want to wish my life away, roll on Spring !
Thanks for looking
Sue


9 comments:

  1. oh... very beautiful! The key and heart lock are cute and the those flourishes are a great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the techniques you used and the sentiment is perfect. I also wish it was Spring :) Thanks for joining us at LRW this week.
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, Sue, this is fabulous. Love the beautiful job on sponging for distressing and those flourishes in the corners. And the lock and key are sensational - I LOVE the way you have embossed them. Super, super job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab creation Sue, such rich colours and texture, really gorgeous!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done wonders with that lock and key - they look real! Another fantastic card Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous love the colour and all the angles and layers. You do make the most beautiful cards always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sue, and one of my fav CI stamps too! Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
    sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Sue! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!