Sunday, 10 January 2010

In the mood for love !

As Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and I've agreed to do another stall at work, I thought I'd better make a start on some cards ! This card is also for the following challenges :

I started by stamping the main image, which is another free stamp from a Craft Stamper magazine, with black Memento ink then shading with Pro Markers. I then cut it out with a circle Nestability and sponged some Versafine Smokey Gray around the edge before removing the die. The stamped hearts and the sentiment are from a new set of Elusive Images stamps that I had for Christmas. I've stitched around the edge and then sponged some more Smokey Gray ink and also swiped the ink pad across the edge of the card. I've used the hearts Cuttlebug embossing folder with white card and rubbed the Smokey Gray Versafine ink across the top.


I stamped the Crafy Individuals swirl stamp with Brilliance Moonlight White ink then also used a white Inkssentials pen to highlight some of the stamp. There's not as much showing as I'd hoped, but I'd gone too far to start again !
Well we had a bit of a bumpy start to the day as my Mum rang first thing in a state of panic as a water pipe had burst ! So we dashed over there and spent most of the morning sorting that out. Fingers crossed that nothing else will burst ! We've had one or two snow 'flurries' today so fingers crossed for the morning ! Hope you all have safe journeys if you have to go out.
Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. stunning card Sue
    thanks for joining us this week at PfP and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue this is beautiful and I really love that sentiment stamp.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love how you have treated that CS stamp the red on black & white pops guessing this will be a very popular card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card Sue. Thanks for playing along at PfP this week.
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations in our black & white with a splash of colour challenge. Great image and a fabulous card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and the colour scheme is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, thanks for joining us at PfP with this gorgeous card, love the black,white & red!!

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sue, love the colours you've used. Thanks for trying my sketch and joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow if I wasn't making James' myself for V day I'd buy this off you it's blummin gorgeous! How did I miss getting that stamp!!

    Hope there's no further snow and Monday mornings journey is a much safer one for you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue this is gorgeous thank you for joining us at PFP this week Sue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Sue like all your work ...a master piece
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this is precious! luv the sentiment. thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!