Friday, 1 January 2010

Pretty as a Peacock !

Happy New Year to everyone ! First of all I wanted to share the above plaque that I bought while we were away last week. I thought it was rather apt for a crafter ....lol..... !

So, my first card in to the New Year is for the following challenges :

I started by inking a piece of card with Lettuce Adirondack ink. I then used a stamp from an Elusive Images set (a birthday present from my niece yesterday!) which was stamped with black Archival ink. The green paper is My Minds Eye and the purple is Basic Grey. I inked the inside of the Victoria embossing folder with Versamagic Eggplant ink and embossed some white card.


The word was stamped with black Archival ink then cut out with a Nestability and I sponged some Teal Stazon ink around the edge before removing the die. I stamped the small thistle onto shrink plastic and coloured the reverse with Pro Markers before shrinking.

The pearls were coloured with a purple peel off pen.
In true blogging style I have still posted this card even though I don't really like it. I just couldn't seem to get what was in my head onto card !
Well we had a quiet night last night, it's also my birthday on New Year's Eve so to try and go out is an absolute nightmare ! I gave up a long time ago on that one ! We ate well and had a bottle of fizzy so it was a lovely evening. I hope everyone didn't wake up with too sore a head this morning !
Thanks for looking
Sue


16 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Happy New Year.

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the combination of different elements, lovely colours too. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

    Happy New Year,

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sue for yesterday! Sounds like you had a really lovely evening in too so that is good! It's lovely to see some creations made with some of your lovely new stash!

    Look forward to seeing lots more. Happy New Year also!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    oooooh I adore your card, the colours and the layout are fantastic! thanks for joining us at winter wonderland.

    Happy New Year to you.

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW,this is so vibrant,I love the colours!!! Love your plaque,I need one of those....lol...Happy New Year and best wishes for 2010!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy Birthday and Happy New Year. Love how you have used the colours and the thistle is a lovely idea - under rated plants thistles'. As for the Plaque Perfect and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Sue and a belated Happy Birthday too. Your card is a stunner - the colours are fabulous and I just love that thistle stamp.

    LOL at that plaque. Perfect!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous - that thistle is just amazing. Thank you for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant and Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Ann xxx
    PS - will have to watch out for that plaque - it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! The papers are gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Gorgeous, love the colours and those thistles are fab. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, good luck in the draw.

    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated birthday Sue, my Mum is also a Hogmany Baby, so I know the problems with going out or trying to set up a meal or anything.....just as well she likes my cooking,,LOL...Love the plague and the card is fabulous, many thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Happy New Year to you, Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card hun.
    'Thank you' for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland.
    Hugs,
    Teri x
    PS - love that plaque!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab striking colours. And love the shrink plastic bit too, something you always do so well.

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really beautiful! Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your Thank you project with us at C.R.A.F.T.. Have a great 2010! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!