Monday, 25 January 2010

Something a bit different !

This card didn't quite work out the way I wanted but I soldiered on regardless. I wanted to have a go at using my brayer to create a scene. I've been looking at Michelle Zindorf's work for ages and just wish I could create something anywhere near as gorgeous ! I brayered the background with a selection Adirondack inks and punched a circle of paper to use as a mask. The stamps are all from an Elusive Images set.



I distressed the edges with my scissors as it looked too neat !
We had a fantastic week end the weather was really good and it was really great to see my friend and her family. It's just a pity it flashes buy so quickly !
Thanks for looking
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Im glad you had a super weekend, time only flies when you're REALLY enjoying yourself!

    Such a beautiful card Sue, I sure think it looks blinking great to me, that brayering looks fab! The colours are so well blended. The images are gorgeous, I had them in my virtual basket last night but had to stop until the funds are a little 'healthier'! Mind you it's so lovely to see just how lovely they work together.

    What do you use to make the ribbon slot?

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Sue, think you've done a great job, wanted to have a go at this style myself but not had time yet and need to figure out how to do it 'Vic style!'.

    Your trip away sounds wonderful, can't wait to see photos and hear about it!

    Hope to see you on Sunday
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I just love the scene you've created it's very tranquil and very very beautiful. You are so clever.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super piece of work Sue, I LOVE IT. I think it came out perfect! I love the stamps you used and your brayer work is wonderful. I HAVE tried Zindorf's style and wasn't happy with the results. Brayering is a lot harder than it looks. Mine always came out splotchy. Glad to hear you had a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!