Tuesday, 19 January 2010

The World's Your Oyster !

This is my card for someone's birthday, but I won't mention who as I'm not sure if they will see it on my blog. It's also for the following challenges :

The background card was inked with Adirondack Stonewashed ink and I stamped the image, which is a Tanda Stamp, in the same ink. The paper is Basic Grey which I cut out with a circle Nestability. I used Denim and Latte alcohol inks on the glossy card stock then stamped over the top with black Memento ink. The image is from a Rubbadubbado stamp set that I've had for years, and I still love it !




The two side strips of embossed card have had Versamark ink applied to them then clear EP. I've left this card quite simple as it's for a man and I don't think they appreciate swirls !
Well I've had a good day today as my long awaited Bigz dies that I ordered in the Sizzix sale arrived today and also I won last week's challenge over at Creative Card Crew ! Think I'll do the lottery tomorrow while I'm on a roll !
Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your lovely work! Watch out for our new challenge... tomorrow! :)

    Greetings, Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project - fab texture! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 'watermark' aeroplane is a very subtle touch on a very beautiful card Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Sue, has been fab to catch up on your great creations! Love the V ones, the black, white and red are just stunning colours!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card but made me giggle - whenever I see that saying I always change oyster to lobster!

    See you next Sunday
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the colors and the embossing you´ve added.
    Great take on my sketch.

    Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week!

    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card. The image is adorable and the papers are perfect. Glad you enjoyed using Kathrin's sketch. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic take on this weeks sketch challenge, great choice of papers! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful card. I love all of the texture on it..
    Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Sue! Love the travel theme! Thanks so much for joining in with the Cupcake Challenge this week!
    Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!