Monday, 15 February 2010

Acetate butterfly and tickets !

First things first, when I opened the mail tonight these 2 tickets fell out ! I don't remember entering a competition for them but I seem to have won ! Now unfortunately I won't be able to make use of these tickets so if there is any one who would like them I will give them away on a first come first served basis. The event is on the 26 - 28 February in Farnborough.



This is my card for the following challenges :

I started by inking a piece of white card with Adirondack Sandal ink then I stamped the paisley stamp from the Papermania set of stamps that I've not used before. I've had them for well over 12 months, I think they were a free gift with something, so thought I would give them their first outing. The border stamp and the flower stamp on the centre piece are also from the same set of stamps. I inked a piece of white card with Spiced Marmalade for the border pieces and with Dried Marigold for the centre, Distress inks. I've used Labels 6 to cut out the centre pieces.


The paper is My Minds eye and the butterfly, again from the same set of stamps, has been stamped onto acetate and stuck along the centre. The border punch is a Martha Stewart. The sentiment was stamped with Timber Brown Stazon and cut out with the same Labels die and I've sponged Dried Marigold around the edge before removing the die.

Well that's Monday over with, roll on Friday !

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. wow Sue this is gorgeous!! i love it and the butterfly stamp...thanx for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week..hugs Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue
    wow what a stunning card, gorgeous papers & layout, spot on with the colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue

    oh this is just stunning, a gorgeous arrangement and I love the effect of the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at ww

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous for our challenge this week, many thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland this week, Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. magnifique r├ęsultat pour cette jolie carte bravo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Sue - gorgeous butterfly and I think you've worked those colours brilliantly. Thanks for joining in with Winter Wonderland.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card hun - fabulous take on our colour combo at Winter Wonderland this week!
    Hope you get to join us next time too.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. That butterfly is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Friday Sketchers!
    Hugs Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Sue! I love everything about it!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful colors and layout. Love that acetate butterfly as a central image. Really lovely card. Glad you could show some love to some old supplies! So great to see you joining in the fun this week at Our Creative Corner.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! Great job on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!