Sunday, 14 February 2010

Another one for Mum !

As you've probably gathered I don't do cute very often, it's just not my thing. But as I'm getting some cards together for a stall at work I thought I ought to break the mould and do something that I would class as cute. So here she is ! This little girl is from Mo Manning's digital shop and she's called Shanna. This card is also for the following challenges :

I've shaded the image using Pro Markers and cut her out with a rectangle Nestability and sponged Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans Distress ink around her before removing the die. I then mounted her on navy card cut out with the scalloped rectangle Nestability. The background is the Cuttlebug embossing folder Stylised Flowers and I've rubbed Dried Marigold over the top piece and then Spiced Marmalade Distress ink over the bottom piece.

The word Mum has been stamped with my Habico alphabet set of stamps using Stazon Midnight Blue and I've cut it out with a Fancy Tag and sponged some more Distress ink around the edge before removing the die. The pearls in the centre of the flowers have been coloured with a peel off pen.
Well today didn't quite work out as planned, I was hoping to get a little more time in my craft room, but after we'd been out for a walk then my Mum came round for a visit most of the day had passed me by. At least I've got one more card for my stall !
Thanks for looking
Sue

22 comments:

  1. beautiful card Sue, fabulous colouring
    thanks for joining us at PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous card. The image is so cute and your colouring is awesome. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue - absolutely love this and you do cute very well!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful card Sue - your colouring is just lovely!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute, great image, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just adorable. I love the image and colours you used and it's a fab take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us over at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sue. Love the way you've coloured in the cute image and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue this is stunning you should do cute more often... thanks for joining us at PFP this week Sue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love this. Gorgeous card, love the image and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue

    That image is coloured beautifully, a really great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. well this is just the cutest little card! Super image adn she is colored perfectly! Love the ribbon too! Thanks for sharing your cute with us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous and so very, very cute! Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow such a stunning card and so beautiful. Love how you used the colour combo and gorgeous details.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue, thanks for joining us for our 38th challenge with your beautiful card, I love the image!!

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning. Fab shading on your image too.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for playing along in our Digi colouring challenge at C.R.A.F.T.Such a lovely card - fab job with colouring the image Sue! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, fabulous colouring. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and great colouring. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really lovely work. A really gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles hearts and flowers challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!