Monday, 8 February 2010

Cheers !

I've made this card for my other half's brother as it's his birthday on Wednesday of this week. I used the sketch from Cards for Men, I've swapped the circle for the oblong (hope I'm forgiven!) and I'm also putting it in for the Cute Card Thursday challenge which is spots and dots. I stamped the main image, which is a Personal Impressions stamp, with black Memento ink then shaded it with Pro Markers. I then cut it out with deckle edged Nestabilities and sponged Distress inks around the edge before removing the die. The centre strip is brown Bazill card that I've put through my Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes embossing folder.



The spotty background is a piece of white card that I've embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder then I've rubbed Vintage Photo Distress ink over the top. The paper is Basic Grey and the sentiment is from a Papermania set of stamps.
I'm a little ahead of myself tonight so I think I'm going to sit down and watch Wild at Heart that I recorded last night. The story line is a bit weak but I love to see the scenery, and it's always sunny !
Thanks for looking
Sue

6 comments:

  1. I wish it was sunny here!
    Another fab card, love the way you've shaded the image leaving white. Looks great
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sue that is so spooky - I've been making a card with the same stamp tonight! I thought I was seeing things when I saw your card at the top of my reading list. This has got to be the best stamp for man cards - I love it. Love your card too!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Sue. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    I agree with Lynda, this is a great stamp.

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool card.. love you`re creations.. add me as a follower in you`re blog =)

    best regards from NORWAY... Hugs, Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Sue, definitely a very suitable card for a man. Thank you so much for joining us at Cards for Men and good luck with the Challenge. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Sue. I have this stamp but never made it look as good as you have!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!