Saturday, 6 February 2010

Hearts Galore !

When I started this card I had no idea of how many challenges it would fit with ! I knew I needed to make a Valentine's card for my other half and really liked the sketch at A Spoon Full of Sugar. So that's where I started then discovered that it would fit with quite a few more challenges. So I hope you're sitting comfortably.....lol.....:

I started by using my new Stampin' Up background stamp called En Francais, which I've stamped with black Stazon. I've then sponged Smokey Grey Versafine ink over it and also Fired Brick Distress ink. I've mounted this onto Swiss Dots Bazill card which I've distressed with my scissors then mounted on to black card stock. The hearts are cut out using my Cricut machine and I've rubbed Archival black ink around the edge of the red card then used my Mum's sewing machine (I don't know what I'm going to do when she asks for it back!). I've used a Martha Stewart edge punch, but you can't see much of it, on the piece across the card. The main image is a stamp that I won in a prize drawer and I think it's by Crafty Individuals, but don't hold me to that. I stamped it twice and cut the heart out, watercoloured it with my watercolour pencils and mounted it on foam pads.



The sentiment was done on my PC and cut out using circle Nestabilities. I've rubbed some more black ink around the circle so it didn't look too clean ! The little heart is from a Polka Doodle set of stamps, which are also new as I won them from Creative Card Crew.
I've had a lovely afternoon in my craft room which has been long overdue. I don't like January and I'm glad that we're through it and can look forward to lighter nights and the Spring. I don't know if there are any Six Nations rugby fans out there but at the moment I've got ear plugs in as I don't think England are playing very well, if the shouting is anything to go by....lol......
Thanks for looking
Sue

27 comments:

  1. LOL well it is 'that' week. You have brought your own style to this suspect your OH will love it, must deserve at least a dozen roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sue, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sue and wonderful take on our theme of Red and Black with Love.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Sue, good to see you getting so much use already out of that gorgeous background stamp! Love the black distressing around the red, really adds some drama.

    thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams and Creative Card Crew this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Sue very unique
    Thank you for playing with us at the DCD challenge this week we hope you will join us again next week, good luck
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a BEAUTIFUL card !!!
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning, I love it!
    Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is brilliant, I love it. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sue, you took my breath away with this card!! I am seriously in love it it. That dark distress shading around the heart and the edges is fabulous - what a wonderful effect. Great sketch too. I might just steal it. I'm trying to finish my DT card for Pile it On and can't get a design going that seems to work. Thanks so much for sharing this with both Our Creative Corner and the Creative Card Crew.

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! This is a real stunner. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge this month. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic. Love the slightly grungy look. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnaps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS!! Love the shading around the edges!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous! The big embossed heart is lovely and I love the distressing! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
    Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card - stunning! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our Valentine/love challenge! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card. Love all the distressing. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you joined the SFTW challenge this fortnight and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning I love the whole feel of it. The vitage look image and the stitching....you have really put a lot of time into it and it shows.
    Thanks for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    X Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely fantastic!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Love the vintage image and all the bright red. Thanks so much for joining in at Stamp Something this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sue, this is one stunning card, love the colours, papers, image, just love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzixx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card! fab distressing! Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this time.
    Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic card. Such a romantic image and the hearts are wonderful.

    Thanks for joining us on Stampin for the Weekend and Stamp Something this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!!! This is just STUNNING LOve it!!! its just gorgeous and your other half should cherish it its so special!!!

    Thanks for joining SFTW

    Hugs Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is sooooo romantic! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!