Friday, 5 February 2010

Just a quickie !

This is a really quick card and apologies for the photograph it's come out a little lopsided ! I'm putting this card in for the Daring Cardmakers challenge this week which is Amethyst. The main image is the free stamp that came with the Craft Stamper magazine this month. I've stamped it with black Stazon onto lilac card, mounted it onto black card. I've then cut a piece of purple card, 8cm x 8cm, and then used a Martha Stewart punch on all four sides. I've used a piece of torn card and stamped over it straight onto the base card with a Stampin' Up background stamp called En Francais. I've then chalked over it and swiped a black ink pad across the unchalked side. The word is from a Rubbadubbado set that I've had for years.

I'm watching Silent Witness as I'm writing this so I'm going to sign off now and watch the end of it. It's the last one in the current series which is a great shame, it's the only programme that's worth watching at the moment !

Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Sue, thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    I've just watched a Silent Witness this evening too - but it was the one from last week, I think - never watch anything "live" these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Silent Witness fan here too!

    Love your card Sue and you’ve made great use of the free stamp.
    I’ve not been brave enough to even pull mine off the magazine cover yet, let along use it.

    Thanks for joining the daring Cardmakers this week and good luck in the draw.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yey - you found your mojo. I love this, the background looks fantastic
    hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes Silent Witness is very hard to watch and there were scenes in this one when I had to turn the sound down. Good though - Best of British?

    Of course this card is wonderful, the colour fade inspired and great use of the wonderful CS stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, love your use of the Martha Stewart punch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background and I love the punched layer. It's all very beautiful and very very you Sue. There's always a great freebie stamp too in Craft Stamper but this one is really lovely. Thanks for joining in with us at Daring Cardmakers.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Sue, love the frame.

    thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. :)

    I love silent witness too - didn't realise it was the last in the current series, I obviously missed the first few :( darn!

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your card a lot. How impressive that you even decorated the background yourself!!! I'm thinking about buying the SU stamp now ... *hihi*

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!