Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Monochrome Rose

This is my card for the following challenges :

The background paper is Basic Grey, as is the sketch that I've used. The white squares have been embossed with the Victoria embossing folder in my Cuttlebug and I rubbed some Weathered Wood Distress ink over the top. The main image is from an Elusive Images stamp set and I've stamped it with Faded Jeans Distress ink, then cut it out with a Deckle Edged Nestability. I sponged some Weathered Wood around the edge before removing the die.



The border punch is by Martha Stewart and the swirl is a Sizzlet. The word Mum has been stamped using a Habico alphabet set and the Lots of Love sentiment is from a free set of stamps that came with the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.

Well we've seen more snow today, in fact it's white over again. My neck has eased a little today, but it's still really sore. I could just do with one of those massages that you can have at these spa places. Oh well dream on..........lol......!
Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation thanks for joining us at SCSC

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lovely card chuck! Fabulous colours and image - really gorgeous. Love the swirls and the embossing too.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making some lovely 'Mum' cards Sue. Love the image on this one and it looks fab just stamped with the distress inks.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card ! The focal image is beautiful - such a detailed image. Love all the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Sue. I'm sure your stand at work will be a huge success.
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow this is gorgeous, that image is beautiful, loving the papers and embellies you have used too sweetie, thanks so much for joining us over at BasicGrey Challenges this week :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!