Sunday, 28 February 2010

No Distress Inks !!


Can you believe it I've not used any Distress Inks ! So, this is my card for the following challenges :



This photo is slightly better, but when I'm home again I shall take them again and replace them. The main image is an Ollyfant stamp as is the umbrella. Both have been stamped with black Memento ink and then shaded mainly with Baby Pink and Tulip Yellow Pro Markers. The girl was cut out with a rectangle Nestability and then mounted on pink and black card. The paper is My Minds Eye and I've done some Faux Stitching down either side. The background card has been embossed using the Victoria embossing folder. The word 'Mum' has been stamped with my Habico alphabet stamps in black Stazon. The umbrella has been cut out and mounted on foam pads.




The flowers are cut using my Sizzix Bigz die and a punched flower added to the centre. The pearls have been coloured using Pro Markers.



Well today has been the most horrid wet and grey day ! The rain has been horizontal all day. We did venture out for a couple of hours but gave up and came back to the cottage and lit the fire. This is sounding all too reminiscent of our holiday in the Lakes !


Thanks for looking

Sue

9 comments:

  1. 2 gorgeous cards Sue, I love the richness and the texture is really fab. That Victoria folder is really stunning.

    Sorry to hear that you're away at the time of 'Cyclone Cynthia' hitting the east coast. Its such a shame. Hopefully it wont be a complete wash out but as you say, a real fire and a nice glass of wine is pretty good compensation!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card

    Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous Sue - love your shading, who needs distress inks lol! And that paper is scrummy. I may have to come round and help myself!
    hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty creation!!! Love the embossing added!!! A Wonderful card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cat this week. Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, how great is this image, so cute, many thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely Sue, love your colours. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, love those images. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, love the images you chose,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!