Saturday, 20 February 2010

Say it with Sepia !

This is my card for the following challenges :

The background paper is Basic Grey and I've sponged Distress inks Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Tea Dye aorund the edge and then went over the top with Archival Sepia ink. The swirl is my favourite stamp at the moment, which is why it seems to feature on everything I do ! It's by Crafty Individuals and I've stamped it with Archival Sepia ink. I've also sponged Sepia ink over the lace as it looked too clean ! I mounted the lace onto some brown Bazill card and I cut the top and bottom edges with some deckle scissors. The main image is from a Tanda Stamps set and I've shaded it with Pro Markers and cut it out with Labels Six Nestabilities. Before removing the die I've sponged more Distress ink and Sepia ink around the edge.

The new technique I've tried is a wax resist technique. I saw over on Yours Artfully blog that Rachel Grieg from Darkroom Door had been demonstrating her crayon resist technique and I wondered if I could do something similar with a candle. Well I tried it and I think it's worked rather well ! I rubbed the candle over the words, which I printed out on my PC, then wiped Antique Linen and Sepia ink over the top. I used a baby wipe to clean some of the ink from the top of the wax. I wiped Vintage Photo around the edge and coloured the pearls with a Pro Marker.
We woke up to more snow this morning, which caused my hair dresser a few problems first thing but by late morning it had disappeared. I've had a luxury day today as I've not been outside and have spent the day pottering in my craft room. I still think someone is moving the hands round on the clock when I'm not looking ! I can't believe how fast today has gone. I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I wanted as I kept getting sidetracked !


Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. Very classy looking card! The nesties are super! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Sue! a work of art! Love all the use of the Distress inks and the swirl is superb...great image too :)
    Thanks for joining my sketch challenge this time...

    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card made me sing lol - you know I can't sing in tune!

    Fab card
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just wonderful, Sue!! Lovey sepia work - that image is just perfect for this style card!

    I wanted to let you know that I accidently rejected your last comment on one of my posts. I am using comment moderation because I was getting a lot of nasty spam. I went to hit "publish" and accidently hit "reject" - too early in the morning for me - LOL!! I don't know if you will get something back saying your comment was rejected, but if you do, please know it was completely unintentional. I DO appreciate your comments!

    Have a great day!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Gorgeous card Sue - love the sepia tones and that wax resist technique gives a lovely finish to the sentiments. Thanks for sharing that with us.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is lovely. I really like your style Sue.

    Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgoeus Card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card love the image and thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!