Sunday, 21 February 2010

Spring Rose

This is my card for the following challenges :

I was really pleased when I looked at the challenge over on Stampin' for the Weekend as I was chosen as one of their top 3 again for the previous challenge! So onto today's card, the background papers are from the Bloom 'n' Grow set by My Minds Eye. The horizontal piece is a stamp from the Elusive Images set called Harlequin rose. I've stamped it with Versamark then rubbed chalk over the top. The main image is also from this set of stamps and I've stamped it with black Memento ink and shaded with Pro Markers. I've use Labels 6 Nestabilities to cut the image out and I did resist from sponging Distress inks around the edge !




The paper lace is made with a Fiskars edge punch and I have sponged some Shabby Shutters over this ( I couldn't stop myself ! ) The word is made from peel off letters that I've coloured with a Pro Marker as well as the pearls. The swirl is a Sizzix Bigz die, which I really love !
We couldn't believe our eyes this morning when we opened the curtains, there was at least 2 inches of snow ! Magically, it's all pretty much dissappeared now but from what I can gather there's more on it's way. Looks like we'll all be in for an interesting week !
Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and elegant image Sue, love those nesties too. What a fantastic feminine card for Mother's Day.
    Soo don't want any of your snow, fingers crossed it misses us!!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    This is such a stunning card. I love the papers and colors. The border is so wonderful, great images.
    This is such a fab take on the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
    Gunn :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulatons on SFTW win well deserved. Must check them out thought they had stopped!

    Beautiful card love everything about it so clever mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Love the shapes and colours that you've used.

    Hugs

    Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow lovely rose image...and your coloring is so beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Stamp Something.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue what a stunning rose! Fabulous card.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card Sue and great take on the sketch! :o) Thanks for taking part over at SFTW and good luck again with your entry! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sue, youve made some absolutely fab cards for Mothers Day, if pushed I would pick Friday 19th's as my fav mainly due to the gorgeous 'spider chrysanths' flower-its super!

    I really love your dancing couple though, I just love sepia and you work it so very well. That card seems to sum up your style to me, elegant vintage!

    Hope you dont get any more snow Sue as you know you'd just HATE to have a snow day then you'd just HAVE to craft!! tee hee!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. Lovin that rose and the colour combi.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter. Good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, so elegant :-)

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Lovely project. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    Hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those swirls are great you are right and that rose is stunning I LOVE the way you have coloured it. The whole card is so well pulled together :D
    Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful, Sue:O) Love the border and swirls, and that rose image is just stunning. Great take on Di's sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!