Saturday, 27 February 2010

Winter Wonderland sketch

First of all apologies for the photo, but I'm on a different PC at the moment and I don't have the same programmes as I normally use, so it's still looking a little yellow !

This is my card for the Winter Wonderland sketch challenge this week. The main image is from an Inkadinkado stamp set and has been stamped with black Stazon and cut out with Deckle edged Nestabilities. I've sponged some Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Inks around the edge before removing the die. The horizontal piece of card has been put through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.


The bell shaped flowers have been cut out using a Sizzix Bigz die and the pearls have been coloured with a black Pro Marker. The corner shapes are the bits left over from a Martha Stewart deep border punch. I'm not sure I liked them in the end but it was too late to pull them off !

The reason I'm on a different PC tonight is that we're in a cottage in Norfolk, close to Kings Lynn. We booked it quite some time ago and I can't believe it's come round so quickly. The weather, I have to say, is blummin' awful ! BUT I am sitting in front of an open fire with a chilled glass of wine so it's not all bad !

Thanks for looking
Sue

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous card and very jealous that you're snuggles up in a cottage with wine. With a real fire at that! I'm snuggled up on a dining chair with a glass of wine with the flippin x-box on in the background instead of quality tv - doesn't compare does it!!!?
    hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous too Sue - it's sounds so romantic. Gorgeous card and that is one fabulous ribbon...and image!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!