Friday, 26 March 2010

Altered and exciting news !

So first things first......I've been asked to join the I ♥ ProMarkers Design Team ! Woohoo ! Really pleased ( can you guess!)

So now onto my altered project which I'm putting in for the Tuesday Taggers challenge of Altered ? You bet ! I've had this pot for ages and kept thinking I should do something with it.


So I started by covering the pot with Lettuce alcohol ink then went over it with Stream and then finished with Pesto.
I dabbed some gold alcohol ink onto the lid and then glued the beads on the lid with Glossy Accents.


I really wanted some Grunge Paper for the flowers but I've had a real job trying to find some in stock ! So these flowers were punched from card, using an EK Success punch then I've sponged Distress ink over them and then covered them with Glossy Accents. While the GA was still wet I added some Stickles.
I have to say it turned out better than I thought it would. I've tracked down some Grunge Paper so when it arrives will be experimenting with it. Well it's been real April Showers today, so far I've managed to dodge them..long may it continue...lol.... !
Thanks for looking
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Many CONGRATS Sue on your new DT post! What fab news Im so pleased for you and in my opinion, it was well overdue!

    Super altered piece, I am amazed that a plastic pot could take the inks. I love the look of movement of the ink too, it looks so great!
    Thanks for all of your inspiration!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is incredible Sue - love the effect you've achieved here - far too posh to keep your ProMarkers in now lol!

    Hugest congratulations on your DT position - doing the happy dance for you (remember that one lol!)

    See you tomorrow
    love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sue! That's brilliant news! Fantastic work on the pot, really interesting effect with the alcohol inks, you'd never guess it was once an ordinary jar!
    Lindsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and well deserved enjoy it :)

    What a transformation of your pot fabulous makeover, love your flowers. fun to do :) Thank you for altering with us at TT this week. (((Hugs))) Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Stunning work! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant! and well done on the DT post I love my promarkers too x Thanks for joining in with TT this wek x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful entry for this weeks Tuesday Taggers. Thanks for joining us
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!