Saturday, 6 March 2010

Bon Anniversaire !

This is my card for the following challenges :

The stamps I've used for this card are a Stampin' Up hostess set. I've stamped the text several times in Vintage Photo Distress Ink then I've blended Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo and Broken China over the top. I've stamped the cockerel in Vintage Photo and cut it out with Labels 3 Nestabilites. I've blended the same Distress inks around the edge. The bottom piece of card was white when I started and I then blended the same Distress Inks over it. The sentiment, which is from one of the Sale A Bration Stampin' Up sets, is also stamped with Vintage Photo and cut out with a Labels 3 Nestability.



The border punch is a Martha Stewart and the buttons are from my stash and I've tied thread through the centre. I loved doing this card as I was getting very inky, my fingers are going to blue for a while I think !
I've spent quite a bit of time in my craft room today trying to catch up. The above card is for my brother in law's birthday tomorrow, so nothing like leaving it to the last minute ! I've just had a long soak in the bath so I'm ready to do some more tomorrow !
Thanks for looking
Sue

7 comments:

  1. This is very stylish Sue, and just perfect for the challenge! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply BEAUTIFUL - Sue!!! Love the vintage feel to it!!! This Set really works well with the Sketch!!! Love it!!!

    Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab - loving seeing your SU creations. Hope the blue ink came off in the bath!
    Hugs
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card great image and i love the script paper...x

    thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this -- a fab card with the background and stamp choices! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh, Sue, I really, really like this! Fab job on the ink distressing and worth the inky fingers - LOL!! I like the way you left the die in place while you distressed the rooster - makes such a nice framing. Great work on the OCC sketch. So happy you shared your beautiful work with Our Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card, love it

    thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!